The A 'Silent Tsunami': Global Food Security in the 21st Century (2008) booklet investigates the issue of food security, equity and sustainability. Freedom from hunger is a fundamental right but, despite many international commitments, many people still miss out for environmental, economic, political or social reasons.
- Global food security – what is the issue?
- How is the world fed?
- What is the impact of rising food prices on people?
- How do changes in world population impact on food security?
- What is the impact of changing energy resources on global food security?
- How will climate change affect food security?
- Case study: food security in Asia and the Pacific
- Case study: food security in Africa
- What action can be taken to improve food security?
Download your copy here or contact the One World Centre for printed copy.